Call my girls and put 'em all on a spaceship. Happy National Plan for Vacation Day!!!
In an ideal world we all would have unlimited PTO but for the average young professional 2-3 weeks is the norm. It's easy to let it fall wayside but as for me and my household ie all of us Corporate Entrepreneurial Social Butterflies we need to step away to recharge, realign and recover from the everyday demands of life. I stay in the streets domestically and internationally and you can too. Here are a few tips to balance your #9tolife when it comes to PTO: .
1. Negotiate your PTO when taking a new job. In my current role, I agreed to start a week earlier in exchange for negotiating some of my PTO perks. If you have a preplanned trip tell them ahead of time to ensure it won't count against your hours.
2. Use holidays as your best friends to extend your trips.
3. Look at your company PTO policy for leftover hours to see if you have a choice to be paid out vs roll over. With my rollover time, standard PTO and flex holidays I have about four weeks of time for 2019.
4. Your boss can be your best friend in regards to time off. If you have a flexible working schedule use it to your advantage. I've often been able to work remotely or leave early on a Friday (like right after our morning meeting) as long as I had a plan to have all the things expected of me completed.
5. Adjust your traveling schedule if possible. I've caught late night/early flights to maximize the time I'm gone. If you really don't need to take off but can come to work straight from the airport or possibly by lunchtime without being docked go for it! ...
If I get another message from someone I've never met telling me they're flying in for #NoFlightNecessary I'm going to cry. Low key I've already cried tears of joy a few times. I'm so full by all the love! Can't wait to see everyone Sunday! If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, hit the link in my bio! You don't want to miss out. #cantstayput#atlanta ...
Chicago baby, she just wanna drill. The vibes too wavy, it's too hard to kill. 🔩🌊 ...