More tutorials featuring our materials? Here’s a step by step of Jaina Proudmoore’s pauldrons - provided by our talented customer, @lokelicious ! 🤩
1. Pattern and cut out your pieces
2. Assemble with Barge or another contact cement
3. Use a rotary tool to smoothen out the rough edges, and heat seal with a heat gun once finished
4. Draw out your filigree pattern to make adding the cosplay clay much easier on you
5. Sculpt your design with the cosplay clay, and you can even add embellishments using silicone molds to cast extra details
6. Seal in the foam with plastidip or something similar. I recommend 3-5 layers
7. Use a filler primer to prep your pauldrons for painting. Be sure to sand your primer to achieve that extra smooth finish
8. Paint your pauldrons as appropriate. The top layer will be painted all of the way, but the bottom two only need to be painted in areas that will be seen during final assembly. As you’re going to glue these pieces together, there’s no point in painting the bottom two layers all the way
9. Use contact cement to glue the pauldrons layers appropriately, and use a paper brad to secure the bottom two layers together for extra reinforcement
10. Add your D-rings for straps and enjoy!
If you’ve enjoyed this, please leave some ❤️ in the comments and check @lokelicious out! ...